Tuesday, November 22, 2011

thinking about the next

"If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this." -CS Lewis

this quote challenges me every time i read it. i think about how i am living my life. where am i putting my energy? who am i investing in? how will i be remembered? i have called myself a Christian for a lot of years now and i know my flesh and consumption with this present world has caused me to be ineffective at times. i want this world to be different. i want it to know love because i live in it. when i think of the next world i think of a place where there is true love. i want people to wonder about the next world because there is something different about how i live in this world. today my mind has been filled with thinking about the next world and now i am wondering what i have done to change this one. i am still thinking about it, but hopeful for the outcome. there are too many inspirational lives that have gone to the next world before me. at this point i will never cease thinking about the next world.

1 comment: