Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cliffs of Big Sur

i spend hours meditating by the ocean. i go away to the rugged cliffs of Big Sur. the waves thrash against the rocks with a seemingly angry slap.

in one instance there seems to be a fight between fluid and solid. i know this fight well. i am steady but currents run constant within me. my soul shouts at the waves to slap me into reality. the real me.

in another instance the water settles and lulls against the ragged shore. as if to pull a blanket up over the chilled, cold, weathered friend. i too know this blanket. i have experienced a lot in this life. some things within me show through in the weathered lines and callused sleepless stare.

i spend hours meditating by the ocean. i go away to the rugged cliffs of Big Sur. the water smothers the shivering stone with a seemingly effortless comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment