Monday, November 21, 2011

I met a girl named Darleen

She is vibrantly alive.
She is courageous. 
She is curious.
She laughs with a wide mouth open.
She grins with teeth showing.
She has a spark in her eyes even when they are closed.
She thinks about today and lives in it.
She met me in the forest.
She embraced me by the ocean.
She danced around the firelight.
She ran along the stoney beach shore.
She walked barefoot through tall grass.
She caught me in her glance.
She invited me to play.
She spoke words into my heart.
She is always with me.
She is there when I look for constellations on starry nights.
She is a legend.
She is alive.

I met Orion.

1 comment:

  1. i look forward to dancing golden paths with you both some day. and your most recent blog post based on the c.s. lewis quote encourages me to live with the next world constantly in mind.

    ReplyDelete