Sunday, August 28, 2011

If I were a pelican...


Pelicans are mysterious birds of old. If I were a pelican I think I would catch airstreams off Westcliff Drive and watch humans walking, running, and moving about with all their various transport devices. I would find humans quite interesting, pointing their strange mechanical gimmicks at me, attempting to catch me soaring, flapping, diving, and emerging from the ocean with beak full. Some capture moments but most misjudge my agility and ability to change course in a blink. My day would be full of watching. I would watch humans like a hawk (except my eyes aren’t quite as keen). In the early afternoon I would soar high, and in the later day I would catch the warm airstreams that stream off the cliffs. I would enjoy an occasional dip in the deep green bay and sitting upon the Monterey rocks that sit as private islands for those of the sea and air to share. If I were a pelican I think I would enjoy my days off Westcliff Drive. 

1 comment:

  1. what a fine looking bird is the pelican.
    his beak can hold more than his bellican..
    he can hold enough food in his beak for a week
    and I don't know how in the hellican.

    ReplyDelete