Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"10% chance. Slim odds."

"I wrote you a letter the other day (actually it was little bits over the course of a couple weeks, but I finished the letter just the other day).  I stamped it with one of my mother teresa stamps and put the big basin address on it.  Then I put it in my back pocket, and forget I put it there, until I was riding on the bridge over the east river, and realized it was no longer in my back pocket.  I retraced my steps into brooklyn.  No letter.  I rode back over the bridge.  Still no letter.  I figure there is about a 10% chance that someone found it and decided to mail it.  Slim odds.  The second best scenario would be for it to be lost in the east river and travel to england.  I think the mother teresa stamp would like that."-Josh


I am enjoying coffee with a good letter and the mother teresa stamp. she did not have the chance to travel the east river out and across to england, but she is enjoying the redwoods. human kindness can change our view on low percentages, slim odds, and the likelihood's of life.

1 comment:

  1. I love that that got to you! I like imagining the scene of the person who found it and the progression of their finally getting it into a mailbox...

    ReplyDelete