Monday, May 9, 2011

wonder surrounds me

i live in a place where awe and wonder surrounds me
wherever i walk there is something that captures my eye
a leaf floating aloft, settling on the pond
the ripple the leaf creates, sends the frogs into song
overhead a branch cracks, pulling my glance upward
between branches, a chasm of blue sky is dashed with a crow flying by
upon the forest floor ferns grow woven within the redwood trunks
steading my stair at the warm, soft, laden path a newt surprises my view
brilliant blobs of mustard yellow move slowly on their one foot
ranging from an inch to twelve the banana slugs pop off the the brown beneath them
deeper within the forest crevices are surrounded by kaleidoscope webs
safe from human interruption spiders spend time spinning webs of brilliant design
as my eyes take in the awe of nature, i wonder
is it my longing to know my creator that draws me to see, 
or is it my creators longing for me to know, 
that nature is revealed to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment