Sunday, May 29, 2011

grace

as a young boy i would spend at least one weekend a month at my grandparents home in santa rosa, california. my grandfather was a reverend and my grandmother was an example of jesus. above the piano in the breeze way between the kitchen and dining room this painting hung. as a young boy i always thought that it was my grandfather. it is titled, "grace." i grew up praying for every meal and thanking god for his provision. now in my adult life i see the rich value in the ritual of "saying grace" before a meal. i am thankful for the images that can shape our practices. in a time when so many people seem to be giving up on the simple teaching's of jesus and shaping their beliefs around their own opinion and authority, i find myself sitting, elbows on the table, hands clasped, head bowed, praying for my daily bread. simple grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment