Friday, May 6, 2011

7:30am

the sun has not moved it's way
over the ridge and down into the valley
morning chill lingers an hour longer
as i walk down the drive to work
the old oaks and ancient redwoods
entangle themselves above my head
as if they are greeting one another,
saying cheerfully "good morning."
the constant rush of the creek
sounds it's rhythmic flow to my right
suddenly i stop in my stride
warm liquid splashes from my mug
dang it, traffic!
fortunately, the newt was not hit
squawking jay announces, "move on!"
the day is fully awake
and i have not even turned right
at the redwood heading into my office
it's only 7:30am.

1 comment:

  1. i wake up in the neighborhood called humboldt park.
    saturdays i run with a marathon training group at 8am alongside mighty lake Michigan
    (though staying up this late reduces the chances of my attendance).

    traffic is a given here. not the newt kind; the smoke in my lungs as i pass cars on my bicycle kind.

    what i am saying is that i truthfully appreciate this post.

    ReplyDelete