Wednesday, May 4, 2011

nehemiah new

it took a lot of people to rebuild
it was not easy
some thought it would never happen
the odds were against them
but

God was with them

nehemiah was obedient
piece by piece
the walls were built
different parts
different people
some built
others protected
nehemiah prayed

so much can happen
it can seem like forever
knees callused 
dreams judged
"wishful thinking"
but

God is with me

i do not always understand why
there is no reason for him to use me
i am just a guy
i am  idealistic
i am a daydreamer 
i am a crier
my chin quivers sometimes
i would rather sit in the presence
 of a hundred children
listening to their stories
then dine with the president

nehemiah obeyed God
it took time but change happened
i have learned a lot from him

it has taken time but change is happening
the place i love with passion
is being rebuilt

it takes a lot of people
and prayer


1 comment:

  1. Wow! New construction at camp? Also, just a note saying I'm following your blog now on my google reader. I read your wife's and she gave you a plug today so I found it! Very cool photos and poetry. Love it!

    ReplyDelete