Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sisters: What's the difference?

"Sisters are different. They heard the sobbing in the darkness. They lived through all your triumphs, all your favorites, your love losses. They have no delusions. They lived with you too long.
And so when you achieve some victory, friends are delighted - but sisters hold your hands in silence and shine with happiness. For they know the cost."










As a father, I witness the beautiful relationship of my three daughters. They are more than sisters. They are best friends. They have a sister club where they have secret sister meetings. They invite my wife to attend since she didn't have sisters. They kind of invited me once, but I declined. They often walk down the street with their arms around each other. They really do like each other. They crack each other up with their jokes, burps, and farts. They laugh when they forget that their not suppose to say fart (the other "f" word at grandma nan's house). My youngest is usually the "oops, I didn't mean to say it," jokester. They get lost in each other's imaginations and comfort each other in their reality. They grow together. They help each other grow. They struggle together. They help each other when they fail. They lift each other up. I love the line, "sisters hold your hands in silence and shine with happiness." I know this is already what makes their relationship different. They are sisters. Their eyes see each other with their hearts in mind. They dream the biggest dreams for each other. They hope the most beautiful possibilities for each other. They love each other with a different kind of love, and I get to witness it as their dad.

1 comment:

  1. It's just beyond awesome...they truly have a beautiful connection that has been nurtured by two loving parents who have gone the extra mile to speak and build into them all the important things (and a few things of silliness)I love it all...

    ReplyDelete