Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bidding Farewell and Greeting

Waving a hand as I bid farewell. A sort of smearing, blurring, or holding on to one last glimmer of the present, a grasping but farewell nonetheless. This is how I leave this year and enter into the next.

There are always lessons to learn and often regrets to go along with them. Just as a barge moves slowly up the Willamette River, I have made my way against currents, and weathered well (in my assessment). I wept for the brokenness within and around me. I laughed full belly at the sweet pleasure of my quirks and the lack of my gingerly care. The lonely birds lasted only for the chill and have already left for higher branches (for this I am quite thankful).

Old characters that matter to my story remain and new ones have found a welcomed place within many different spaces and events. Spring, Summer, and Autumn fit their seasonal roles to a tee. Winter of the present year I bid farewell with an open waving-hand, and I welcome the New Year Winter with both arms wide for a full embrace. I have a lot to still process and awaken when hibernation has passed.

I am saying good-bye to this year with anticipation of a bountiful hello from the next. Time will tell, as it always does. There are characters (new and old) that have impacted me greatly this past year. Adam Sjoberg, Andrew Bradford, Austin Park, Austyn Lewis, Bryn Hobson, Cody Ramaekers, Jared Fujishin, Jedidiah Jenkins, Jeff Neckers, Joe Swanson, Josh Chartier, Kevin Carolan, Marc Dexel, Mike Fitzgerald, Nathaniel Colbert, Omar Spence, Orion Pahl, Scott Weir, Shawn Pedro Diez, Tom Dexel, William Cook, and Will Witt you are some of the people who have made a difference in my life this year. I will take the lessons I have learned and strive to be whom God intends me to be.

Farewell to yesterday and greeting tomorrow. May I know myself better and live my life more sacrificial in the year to come.

1 comment:

  1. farewell and welcome
    i am leaving and coming
    holding and letting go of

    i look forward to walking alongside your eric-swanson/dexel stride and sharing air-sun-word-thought-rhythm-motion

    ReplyDelete