Sunday, February 19, 2012

sleepless indeed.

Sleepless Night

A sleepless night
Spent struggling
Through the meanders of my mind
In endless explorations.

Innumerable considerations
Scattered around
As stars in the sky
None with enough light
Of its own
But adaptable
In their interconnection
To show me the way.

The harmony of the universe
Confined for a moment
in the boundaries of my head
explodes in its beauty.

The thirst for knowledge
Has kneeled
At my need of sensations.

Bittersweet memories
Erase all the powerful thoughts
Leaving a proven soul
Sighing in an exhausted body.

The dread of the night
Has subsided
And a sudden warmth
Has overtaken me.
While the first sunbeam
Sneaks through the window
I remember how to sleep.


it is strange when your thoughts in the early hours of a new day are cluttered by the days past and wonders of days ahead. my mind seems to give way to weariness just in time to greet the sun. i sleep for a spell and the day begins. half full i continue on. i am not discouraged, just tired. i am at peace in sleeplessness. rest will come in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment