Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dimly Seeing


"For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."


i wear glasses more often these days
when i look closely in the mirror i see lines
lines of laughter and mind altering pain
when i focus in i see time and tattered skin
as my eyes move away and look beyond
light splashes across my cheekbone
what is this life that invades time?

straining to focus beyond the thistle and brier
the golden glimmer pulls at my present
longing fills me with aching hope
possibility of time moved beyond moments
longing to see ahead in focus i stare
i intently look for what is missing
what do i do with what i can faintly see?

i live present with longing to fully see.

No comments:

Post a Comment