Saturday, February 25, 2012

blue eyes

i wore a blue shirt today. it was a blue shirt kind of day. full of bright blue sky and water reflecting blue off the distant shore. i rarely wear blue. it isn't that i dislike the color. i think periwinkle is my favorite hue of blue. all the men on my father's side have blue eyes including my brothers and me. there are always silly remarks made about how blue is a dangerous color for us to wear because it makes our eyes show off and that could get us into some trouble. my eyes aren't the same blue as the rest of the men in my family line. my grandma had hazel colored eyes on my mother's side and i have a yellow ring around my eyes that makes the blue more of a grey or periwinkle. my eyes have never gotten me into trouble, but they are blue. i don't wear blue very often, but it was a blue shirt kind of day. the shirt was more of a periwinkle hue of blue. i guess my eyes showed off a little, but it was from gazing into the sky, thinking a lot about sailing, and heaven. it was a good day to be brave, fully live, and let my blue eyes see all the blue of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment