Thursday, October 20, 2011

running


i run within the forest density
towering redwoods surround me
bay leaves cover the winding trail
ferns fan as i pass
leaping fallen branches
swerving around roots
navigating every step
widening my stride
picking up my pace
heart pounding
sweat sliding down my brow
the nature around me is deafened 
by the sound of my heartbeat
pushing further into the deep
the sandstone slips away underfoot
scurrying to hold ground
i scamper up the steep incline
dirt gives way
needles crack with branches
the forest envelopes me
i am lost in nature
running.

2 comments:

  1. do you have anything you are training for eric or just running to be "lost in nature, running"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never found what i would really want to train for, so i run to get lost.

    ReplyDelete