Thursday, September 8, 2011

missing

there is something good about missing someone, something, someplace. as the sunset and the moon rose over the fog banked monterey bay, and the last glooming shone it's final gold sky stirring, i missed my family. even though i can think of a dozen songs that talk about sharing the same sky, moon, and stars with distant lovers, it cannot calm the deep sigh of my missing heart. they are so much of me, and i am so much of them. we are the moon shared. i never would want to be the sun and them the moon. so separated and distant, never united, never connected. they are the rabbit, and i am the mochi being made in the moon. they are little boy blue, and i am the man in the moon. they are the face and i am the cow jumping over the moon. we are ever connected by a bond that miles cannot divide. i am missing them. i am not all of me with out all of them. i am missing.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking back over the photos Sarah posted last week and I was thinking, "If I'm missing them and wishing I was along on their trip, how much more Eric must be wishing he were there!" :) Hoping the distance closes quickly.

    ReplyDelete