Sunday, June 26, 2011

growing up

it is the week of my birth.
i wonder what my mom was thinking about?
managing 3 other children carrying me inside
in the heat of june.

june 29, 1973 i came into this world.
the vietnam war had finally ended
and the world was in it's regular disarray.
i knew nothing about it. i was new.

growing year after year i became aware.
i grew with a sensitive heart.
the years were not always easy.
some years i thought i would break.

love kept me growing.
i sat an edge of cliff in 1989 and chose life.
i live a life of love because i cannot imagine any other way.
as years pass and i grow, i see value in everyday.

i celebrate my breath.
i celebrate the blessings who walk beside me.
i celebrate a voice that stills my soul.
i celebrate the chance to sit with broken pieces
and make a mosaic of love.
growing up.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday on Wednesday! I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Love you Eric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad we get to share another year with you. 1973 birthed some of the greatest people on earth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated. Please know that the belated response is not a reflection of our love for you. We love Eric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our travels I didn't get to say felicidades until today. I know summer is not the best time for celebrating but I hope that you have been reminded often this week how incredible of a person you are. I am so thankful to have you as a friend and am constantly amazed by you. Much love to you desde Espana!

    ReplyDelete