Thursday, March 8, 2012

Solstice to Solstice (11.13) :: QUIET


"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." -Hellen Keller


I have grown in character a lot over the last couple of weeks. Quiet has yet to come, but I am okay. I have grieved the loss of friendships from the living, and now I grieve the loss of a friend through death. My soul finds comfort in knowing God's love for me. I have been running the same route for two weeks now and I am looking forward to increasing my distance, and seeing new trees. I have achieved a new understanding of living by watching my wife pursue a balanced life, and my daughters' daring to live beyond their comforts. I will know the quiet someday and the ease will be there too, but for know I am growing in character.

1 comment:

  1. character | betraying comfort | trusting the balancing

    ReplyDelete