Tuesday, March 6, 2012

NEVER grow up :: NEVER ever

Sitting on the rocks called Slippery Rock, I watch as my daughters play in an imaginary world that they love to include me in. As the sun settles in the distant trees, I enjoy tours of each of their homes, filled with hallways, and kitchens created in their minds. As if I am Peter Pan at the dinner table with the other Lost Boys, I see the hallways, and I sit in the living room vividly created in my mind. For a moment I am swept away to a world that is just as real as this one. There are challenges and triumphs, parties and bedtime, meals and work to be done. The only difference is that in our imaginary world found on the rocks there is no sadness. We live in harmony with nature and each other. Whenever we are figuring out how the day will end, there is always a ball to end the day, and a feast to share. I know they will continue to grow and change, but if I can model for them one thing, it is to always imagine. There is an amazing world found at a place called Slippery Rock where the only difference is that in our imaginary world found on the rocks there is no sadness. It is good to have a place like this to go, because outside of our imaginations there is sadness and sometimes it is good to get away. Even if it is only for a moment in our minds. I always recommend going into your imagination world with friends. That way sadness cannot go into that world to. I hope we grow as a family in love, but never ever grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment