Friday, April 29, 2011

the way we are

always!
always best friends 
i love the way we are. there is no one in this world i would want to share my life more with then my best friend. when i see a site to share, she is the person i want to share it with. when the night chill creeps beneath the door, she is who i want to warm me. when i want to laugh a full-belly, hearty laugh, it is her wit that i seek. when waves of sorrow and unanswered pain brims over and my chin quivers, she is the embrace i desire. when i imagine what kind of person i hope my children will emulate, she is the first person who comes to mind. we can sit for hours without words, but the silence is filled with the truest love. our life is simple. we do not have much by the world's standards, but we are prosperous and blessed with a life full of love. i would not trade a million experiences or dollars for one sweet smirk moment from my wife. in that moment i know she just found me funny and that is kinda rare. i love the way we are.


2 comments:

  1. there is so much power in this post. more than i know. what wonder and joy. blessed to here of your blessing, and to see your thanks-giving for something so many so seldom shout-out-about.
    I LOVE THE WAY YOU TWO ARE

    ReplyDelete
  2. "in that moment i know she just found me funny and that is kinda rare" - that made me laugh out loud :). i love the way you two are too.

    ReplyDelete